Re: purism why does fsf and libreplanet embrace a misleading company?

From: a
Subject: Re: purism why does fsf and libreplanet embrace a misleading company?
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 15:04:43 +0100

>>    In my opinion moving in one step from all closed source to all open
>>    source freedom respecting is very hard or practically impossible. I am
>>    happy people are doing steps towards all open source and no hidden
>>    stuff. One valid step is modern hardware running open source Operating
>>    System out of the box. Another valid step is adding open source freedom
>>    respecting bios (i.e. libreboot) to that. Another valid step is ... Let
>>    us not forget the goal and keep doing steps. Small or big. All is
>>    welcome for the benefit of mankind.

You are mixing things up. purism can make what products they
want. What they cannot do is lie about the properties
of their products. Do not tell people respect your freedom
certification is an option, when it is not. And at every given
opportunity, people should get to know, purism has
a track record of lying.