Sharing your free software / quarantine success story

From: Greg Farough
Subject: Sharing your free software / quarantine success story
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 16:44:44 -0400

Hi, everyone,

As you know, we have been working on making sure everyone understands
the value of using free software to communicate with their friends and
loved ones. Now that the vast majority of us are both working and
socializing remotely, it is now more important than ever that people
migrate to solutions that respect their freedom. We've already
described a few in a recent article[1], and are planning to draw more
attention to this subject in the near future.

Recently, we were contacted by a free software community member who
shared the inspiring story[2] of setting up a Jitsi server for a local
school. It got us thinking and writing an article on the power of
individual initiatives like this one, which is why we're reaching out
to you.

Have you brought your family, friends, or workplace online by using
free software? Have you helped schools getting started using free
software like our Spanish community member? Are you 3D-printing or
collaborating in some other way with people working in the medical
relief effort?

No matter what contribution you might have made recently, we're
interested in hearing about it. I'm sure it will provide us all with
hope and motivation in a difficult time. Let's get the conversation
started here, and compare notes on the successes (and good efforts!)
we've made at bringing freedom to all.

Best,
-Greg

[1]: