Re: Practicality of GNU project and libre movement

From: Davis Remmel
Subject: Re: Practicality of GNU project and libre movement
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 17:15:59 +0000

Fidelman,

> Well... I mean that coddling folks

You were literally the first person to respond to OP. Nobody was coddling them.
You're now trying to frame a situation different from reality.

> folks who loudly, and authoritatively
> pronounce bullshit - particularly when stated as fact

This is also literally what you're doing: trying to state your opinion as fact,
as if you are somehow an arbiter of what kinds of conversation are allowed on
this mailing list, which also is named "libreplanet-discuss." You are trying to
shut down on-topic discussion in a mailing list that is explicitly for that
purpose.

You are unable to see how you are perpetuating the very problem you claim to
want to fix. You say there are "know-nothings" but instead of offering
specific, point-by-point advice, you make broad generalizations. You explicitly
stated that you want to "shoot down" "know-nothings" -- ask yourself, how does
that build a community where "know-nothings" can turn into "know-somethings"?

--
Davis