Re: Matrix communication protocol.

From: Msavoritias
Subject: Re: Matrix communication protocol.
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 22:52:14 +0200

   Like what features are you missing in other clients?
   What do you mean Proprietary Software? Fluffy Chat is AGPL-3. Did you
   even search the clients I mentioned?
   Element is Apache-2. This is all Free Software.
   The encryption not being as good in Matrix it is known. And they are
   looking to upgrade it. See my previous message.
   But aside from that I see Matrix more as a IRC and Discord and Slack
   alternative. For groups.
   And what does it mean that Synapse is the most used now? Coversation is
   the most used Android Client.
   Does that mean that XMPP is not an open protocol and is only for
   Conversations?
   If you want to use Element they are open to changing the captca:
   [1]https://github.com/vector-im/element-web/issues/3606
   If you don't want to like me there is fluffy chat which AGPL-3 and not
   Catpca.
   If you are talking about Desktop there are 6 clients to use one of them
   from Gnome.
   Plus even three terminal ones and one Emacs client.
   I have mentioned before the features:
   First a lot of clients which XMPP lacks.
   Second ease of use which XMPP lacks.
   Third stickers, threads, communities and other modern features that
   people expect for groups from Discord and the likes.
   Or Voice rooms even.
   Keep in mind that all of these and more are planned for Matrix. If you
   go through their github issues.
   MSavoritias

   On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 09:08, Adrien Bourmault (neox on Freenode)