RetroFreedom.com webshop launched. Libreboot laptops with Trisquel GNU+L

From: Leah Rowe
Subject: RetroFreedom.com webshop launched. Libreboot laptops with Trisquel GNU+Linux
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 08:57:19 +0000

Hi everyone!

I forgot to link this on the libreplanet list, but my company selling
FSF-endorsed Libreboot laptops with Trisquel came back online on 10
November 2020. It's me Leah Rowe, Libreboot founder. I simply renamed
the store.

Check it out!

https://retrofreedom.com/

As some may know, the company was offline for a while when it ran into
supply issues earlier in the year - and then covid happened. I made a
series of fundamental changes to the way the company operates, which you
can read about here (in addition to backstory on the period of hiatus
that preceded the re-launch):

https://retrofreedom.com/company-relaunched/

I use profits from sales to provide funding to Libreboot, as I've done
for many years. Some of the proceeds are also donated to the FSF, every
year.

I've already been in touch with RMS, and he posted a link to it recently
on stallman.org

I have also contacted the FSF, asking them to re-endorse my laptops.
Previously the domain name was minifree.org but has been re-branded and
redirects to retrofreedom.com now. FSF removed the site from their RYF
page when it went offline earlier this year.

So far sales are good! I've been shipping laptops to people non-stop
since the company re-launched. I made sure to be fully prepared for the
re-launch. Got a big shipping out today in fact.

At the time of this email, the company is well-stocked. I make sure
machines are packed ready to ship before sale these days, rather than
assembling to order like I use to; this means I've simplified the
options on the website, to make the company easier to operate and ensure
that shipments are quick.

I'm currently building up huge stock for December. I'm well-stocked for
the rest of November. My supplier has managed to source around 100
laptops for me, for me to sell in December, and probably those will also
last into the first half of January aswell. I will have those 100 soon
and will make sure to have them all ready for December. It's a mixture
of X200 and T400 laptops, plus a few X200 Tablets (the tablet version is
really hard to find)

Anyway yes, just thought I'd drop this here.

Happy hacking!

--
Leah Rowe,
Company director.

And now, a song:

https://blog.vimuser.org/free-firmware-song.html

Minifree Ltd, trading as RetroFreedom,
Registered in England, No. 9361826,
VAT No. GB202190462, Registered Office:
19 Hilton Road, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9QA, UK