Re: Adobe Reader 10 - paper form solution

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Adobe Reader 10 - paper form solution
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 20:05:16 +0300

* Greg Knittl <gknittl@sympatico.ca> [2021-03-20 16:12]:
> Hi Leland,
>
> GIMP 2.10.22 will not load this XFA pdf either.
>
> I use the same approach of converting the PDF to image and writing on the
> image. In this case the government will send me paper forms which I will
> scan and then write on the scans...

I have been converting PDFs with ImageMagick:

mogrify -format jpg -density 300 FILE.PDF

It would create FILE-1.jpg FILE-2.jpg and so on for each page. You may
increase the page quality. Try it out.

Can you please post the PDF hyperlink? I would like to try it out with
various PDF readers.

More references:

PDFium supports XFA and is free software:
https://pdfium.googlesource.com/pdfium/

Evince is supposed to handle some XFA forms, maybe it is not compiled
in on your system. https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evince/Forms