Re: RMS is back on board

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: RMS is back on board
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 07:47:35 +0300

* Thomas Lord <lord@basiscraft.com> [2021-03-26 02:21]:
> Having been personally close enough to see how some of the EFF founders
> thought, I will remain comfortable damning the organization in absolute
> terms.  Nothing in their history of advocacy has changed my mind.  Obviously
> other people without that direct experience might not have the same sense
> that blanket condemnation of EFF is well earned, and that's fine.

Let us just not make a mistake like they, EFF did, and judge the
organization by their individual members, or judge their individual
members by who they are or what they think instead by their merits and
deeds.

Th eorganization itself has its purposes, while individual members are
there to support those purposes, they may politically inclined to do
something else than what is purpose of organization. At that point of
time other members are free to express their opinions and report
incidents to say if such event should be corrected and why -- as it
should be aligned with purposes, which are written in the Memorandum
of Incorporation and By-Laws and Resolutions of a corporations.

To publish a page where they are inclined to assume political
direction not related to the purpose of the EFF is obviously
corruption. This may be incited by just one individual, and that one
alone may not be aware that he/she deviates from purposes of
organization. Reporting, communicating, handles things.