Re: Support RMS

From: Danny Spitzberg
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 17:18:52 -0700

   Agreed- enough!

   Let’s find a way for everyone to focus on hacking happily.

   We’ve got great ideas so far from folks like Aaron Paul Deb and
   others.

   On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 5:16 PM Thomas Lord <[1]lord@basiscraft.com>
   wrote:

     This has gotten beyond absurd.  For years, this list has not been
     used
     discuss developments, share projects, or even coordionate
     transportation
     and lodging.  It has been dominated by a few people making the same
     accusations again and again, and having others push back.   The
     accusations have never held up to scrutiny, even though we can
     assume
     some people make them with full sincerity.
     Enough already.
     -t
     On 2021-03-26 16:03, Deb Nicholson wrote:
     > Well, it's disappointing but not surprising that a call for
     improving
     >    the way people are treated within the free software movement is
     > being
     >    seen by some on this list as "hateful" or somehow in
     "opposition to
     >    free software." I honestly don't see how creating a haven for
     sexist
     >    behavior and disrespect can lead to the movement's growth, but
     maybe
     >    I'm mistaken in thinking that we all want that growth.
     >    I am grateful to those who are interested in working towards an
     >    inclusive and non-toxic future for the free software movement.
     Maybe