Re: Support RMS

From: Paul Sutton
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 20:19:18 +0000

On 27/03/2021 19:59, quiliro wrote:
Thomas Lord <lord@basiscraft.com> writes:

"What we need to do, is have very robust standards of how people
behave,  drawn up by and for the community,"

The only "problem" you seem to have a solution for is the one of a few
people making fairly ridiculous accusations and complaints.  Your
solution is apparently to put them in charge of a much more
authoritarian organization.

I also had that impression of this statement by Paul.  But I decided to
give it the benefit of the doubt.  I think he means just having more
control of processes, not of people.  Processes encourage good
relationships.  To motivate would not mean to force.  I think that would
be good, generally speaking.

Yes, putting processes are in place to encourage good relationships, I helped to moderate at libreplanet and didn't feel the libreplanet safe space policy was in any way dictatorial, it was a short but well written set of expectations.

I am just sharing ideas, looks like the fsf have is already making changes, but it is better than people just saying thing have to change, sometimes you need to suggest ideas and input, rather than just demanding change.

Just to say thank you and I appreciate the fact my comments are welcome, and hopefully this is a small part of a bigger picture.

Just having the safe space policy may be enough, may be a few tweaks but it pretty much covers everything.

Paul

Paul Sutton, Cert Cont Sci (Open)
https://personaljournal.ca/paulsutton/

Pronoun : him/his/he