Re: Support RMS

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 08:19:58 -0700

Thanks for sharing this perspective. Accepting it at face value, it
reinforces so strongly my view that the open letter against RMS and
other things should have focused *exclusively* on these types of things.
This is a boy-cried-wolf situation. If the debate were strictly on this
type of thing and not on unfair interpretations of some of RMS'
writings, I don't know how it would turn out, but it would be a much
more constructive and useful discussion.

When people continue to levy exaggerated attacks, it undermines
legitimate concerns. People get defensive and then start wondering if
the legitimate concerns are really part of the exaggerations or the
people expressing them part of some outraged outside attackers or something.