dealing with the trolls [was: media.libreplanet.org non-requested ...]

From: quiliro
Subject: dealing with the trolls [was: media.libreplanet.org non-requested ...]
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 09:31:18 -0500

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> * Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@croatiafidelis.hr> [2021-05-06 19:38]:
>> > Also good article:
>> > https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2016/aug/02/how-to-deal-with-trump-trolls-online
>> I disagree on Trump with that article, and so I didn't read
>> much. But this is not the place to go on about politics.
>
> Not the Trump related, but "content" related reference is inside.

Thanks for the article, Jean Louis.  In summary:

"Like trolling, attention is its lifeblood: without a consenting
audience, each withers. And the less time we waste on headlines and hand
waving, the more we can focus on what’s actually going on.

In the end, bullshit itself is bullshit – someone else’s wishes for your
thoughts. Don’t take the bait. Step back. Pick your words and your
battles carefully – and never trust a headline that could have been
written by satirical algorithm."