Re: Is GitHub Copilot violates free software licenses?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Is GitHub Copilot violates free software licenses?
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 18:03:20 +0300

* Danny Spitzberg <stationaery@gmail.com> [2021-07-06 17:31]:
>    I guess this exposes just how difficult (almost impossible) it is to
>    send the GPL police after a company worth billions of dollars.

Maybe it is contrary, as there are now numerous evidences wide spread
on Internet how people discover GPL code as given to them by the
Copilot.

That is good enough for a mass law suit against Github. It is matter
of organization of people.

FSF should make a central point about this issue and give advise to
affected authors on how to proceed with GPL violations.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/