Re: FSF continuously harms Free Hardware

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: FSF continuously harms Free Hardware
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 23:41:06 -0500

  > But again the main issue about which i want to make a case here is that
  > FSF supports and endorses proprietary hardware designs at the expense of
  > Free Hardware Designs

The FSF endorses products with RYF based on software alone,
without regard to whether some of the hardware designs are free.

That is what the FSF needs to do, and can do.

I don't think the FSf has the skills or the staff resources to praise
hardware with free designs.  But I am not in charge of that now,
so I have no more to say about it.

                          and their developers + that GPLv3 is not made with
  > hardware and is problematic for that use.

I have seen no case for this, only a claim.

I will look at what the RepRap developers said, and what those other
groups said.  (They never told me, damn it!)  I suspect they are
looking for something that copyright simply cannot do.