We can't reject all nonfree hardware with today's technology.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: We can't reject all nonfree hardware with today's technology.
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 23:16:53 -0500

  >  We can't identify a physical
  > object with the designs of its parts. -- RMS

  > I disagree, majority if not all hardware has some form of indexing and
  > identification. For example this 3DSimo pcb has silkscreen that identifies:

Your response may be true, but it doesn't respond to the point I made.
I can't plug in a design and run it.  I could only do that with a
physical instance of the design.

In today's world, for people that are not hardware hackers, plans are
not a practical substitute for a physical computer, a LED bulb, a
clock, a chair, or any other useful physical object.