Re: thank you elon musk

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: thank you elon musk
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 10:56:59 -0700

Why is this hard?

A lot of serious people are now looking for an exit from twitter.

The ones I see are asking about Mastadon.

The FSF front page is a bunch of dust stuff about libreplanet,
and they evince no concerted, organized activity to stand up
instances and education materials -- to move people to Mastadon.

Why else do they exist?  It is not enough to "have a position"
on twitter.  Get to the barricades.

I have long been troubled that FSF has devolved to the kind of
NPO that exists mainly to provide jobs for the people who
operate it, and not to serve a useful social function.

Here we have today a clear circumstance in which they can
prove me wrong.

-t