Re: The beast is live - Github Copilot

From: Marc Sunet
Subject: Re: The beast is live - Github Copilot
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 17:25:24 -0700

I feel that one difference between the values of free software and open
source is that the free software does not have a problem with taking
people's work and re-selling it, as long as the work being resold is
free.  Whereas open source focus more on what authors get out of "open
source".

And in this case it is SaaSS. Not only is it trained on the existing code in the repositories, it also seems to siphon code off your editor as you type:

https://github.com/features/copilot/#faq-privacy