Re: website almiracle.codes

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: website almiracle.codes
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 19:02:06 -0300

Hello, Ali,

> https://alimiracle.codes

I tried to visit your website, but I couldn't get to it.

Clownflare wouldn't let me in, demanding me to allow them to run
arbitrary proprietary software and to install their tracking cookies in
my browser, for some security theater reason.

It was nice to see Freedo connected to your web site, but it was weird
to have Freedo appear even on that web page, seemingly connected with
such abusive demands.

I wonder what led you to choose Clownflare, and whether it would even
allow you to disable such viitor-hostile behavior.  It's not like
preventing visitors from blocking JavaScript, cookies and using Tor
could possibly improve security for a static web site or its caches, is
it?

Even if the reason were DDoS prevention, serving out the
uniquely-identified blocking page has got to be *more*, not less
resource-intensive than just serving out the cached pages, so it smells
suspicious to begin with.

--
Alexandre Oliva, happy hacker                https://FSFLA.org/blogs/lxo/
   Free Software Activist                       GNU Toolchain Engineer