Re: What search engine best at "Freedom-Respecting"?

From: Abe Indoria
Subject: Re: What search engine best at "Freedom-Respecting"?
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2022 09:13:52 -0700

   (Oops, originally replied to author only, my bad)
   I was under the impression that SearX-ng (use the ng) can still be used
   to build an ad-profile of you. A major advantage of searX is that the
   more people use it, the more anonymous it gets. Otherwise, it's just an
   aggregator, and thus, Google/bing/Brave/DDG etc will still be tracking
   you if you're the only person to use it. Potentially anyhow.
   On the other hand, the benefits of searx-ng are good enough for me to
   self-host and use it everyday.
   --
   Abe
   On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 8:42 AM Paul Sutton via libreplanet-discuss