Mac OS X 10.4 test failures on HEAD

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Mac OS X 10.4 test failures on HEAD
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:45:12 +0900

Hi,
In case anyone is wondering (Gary) why HEAD fails one of the new tests on Mac OS X 10.4, it is because of a bug in the linker. I have reported the bug and it is unlikely to be fixed before Mac OS X 10.5, I think.

There is a pretty good workaround though, set the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable to 10.3 or later and ./configure; make; make check will pass all tests.

Thanks,
Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman - http://www.pogma.com