Re: Alternate SONAME values

From: Ganesan Rajagopal
Subject: Re: Alternate SONAME values
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:26:15 +0530

> On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 09:24 +0530, Ganesan Rajagopal wrote:
>> But libXaw.so.<major_number> is the default behaviour for libtool.  Are you
>> using -release instead of -version-info or -version-number? I think
>> -version-number will give you exactly what you need.

> I want the SONAME to be libXaw.so.6, but the filename to be libXaw6.la,
> libXaw6.so.6.0.1, libXaw6.so.6 and libXaw6.so

Sorry, my bad. I completely misunderstood your question. For some stupid
reason I kept seeing libXaw.so.6 instead of libXaw6.so.6. I should've read
your mail more carefully. I apologize for attempting to educate you on
things that you obviously already know!  I don't know a solution to your
problem, but now that I have actually understood your mail fully, let me go
back and respond to it. May be this time, I'll respond more intelligently
:-)

> And, yes, I'm already using -version-number (which I added to libtool)

I knew you're the X Window System Guru, but didn't realize you dug into
libtool internals too!  Oops, sorry to be preaching to the master :-).

Ganesan

--
Ganesan Rajagopal (rganesan at debian.org) | GPG Key: 1024D/5D8C12EA
Web: http://employees.org/~rganesan        | http://rganesan.blogspot.com