Re: Call for help: Solaris C++ and Sun CC

From: Tim Mooney
Subject: Re: Call for help: Solaris C++ and Sun CC
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:37:35 -0500 (CDT)

In regard to: Re: Call for help: Solaris C++ and Sun CC, Ralf Wildenhues...:

While I agree in principle that it would be nice for libtool to help
people avoid shooting themselves in the foot, I think in this case it's
more important to document the danger than it is to completely mitigate
it.  I say this primarily because there might be quite a lot of work to
actually get libtool to protect the user.

A comment in the docs and likely also in the Solaris C++ section of the
code would be "good enough", I think, unless someone comes up with an easy
way to guard against the issue.

How about this?

[patch elided]

I think it's commit-worthy.  It certainly helps outline the issue, and
points to a source for more information for the people it impacts.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              address@hidden