libtool problem:cannot build libtool

From: sharad
Subject: libtool problem:cannot build libtool
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:46:40 +0530

Hi everyone,
 I've cross-compiled RPM (red hat package manager) using mipsel-linux-gcc.The compilation seems to be OK with some warnings.But at the end of compilation following error shoots up:

libtool: link: cannot build libtool library `librpmdb.la' from non-libtool objects on this host: mut_pthread.o client.o db_server_clnt.o db_server_xdr.o gen_client.o.....

What can be the cause and solution for this.

Can any one help me please,Thanks in advance.

Thnx/Rgds
Sharad