linking dll against static libs

From: Elmar Rudigier
Subject: linking dll against static libs
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 13:34:32 +0200

Hi!

I'm building a dll for jni, which has dependencies to some, with libtool static
builded, libs. I'm using cccl as compiler.

For win32 libtool prohibits linking shared libs against static libs and i get
following messages
*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive
/wamas/test/jni/WX/cccl/lib/libwx-entitycontainer_filter.la.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

But if i exclude the test from libtool, that libtool isn't comlpaining about,
cl.exe can link the dll against the static libs and this dll can be loaded
without problems from java.

So, why libtool prohibits this linking.

Elmar

--
DI(FH) Elmar Rudigier               Salomon Automation GmbH
Softwareentwickler F&E              A-8114 Friesach bei Graz