Re: mode=link and full path to dependent shared library?

From: Tim Mooney
Subject: Re: mode=link and full path to dependent shared library?
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:27:11 -0500 (CDT)

In regard to: Re: mode=link and full path to dependent shared library?,...:

I'm talking about a situation like this:

/bin/sh ./libtool --tag=CXX --mode=link cxx  -some_compiler_flags -o
libfoo.la -rpath /path/to/lib -version-info 16:3:1 -no-undefined foo.lo
bar.lo baz.lo /path/to/lib/libdep.so -llib2 -lc -rpath /path/to/lib

libtool should be creating libfoo.la (and both shared and archive libfoo
libraries) and should be linking against /path/to/lib/libdep.so, but it's
eliding the /path/to/lib/libdep.so from the shared library creation line.
I'm just trying to find where this behavior is discussed, so I can
understand why it's doing that.

Does the below fix it for you?

Yes, it does.  With your patch, there are no changes to output in the
libtool test suite on Tru64 (so it didn't break anything that the tests
catch), and libtool no longer removes /local/gnu/lib/libintl.so from the
link for GNU libaspell.so.

Thanks for the patch, it appears to be exactly what I needed!

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              address@hidden