Re: -dlopen self on AIX

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: -dlopen self on AIX
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:28:28 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Albert Chin wrote:

Seems the openldap folks should really use -export-dynamic, which
isn't defined for AIX. We could make it -bexpall but as documented in
the previous mail, it doesn't export everything. So, should we create
a new variable, export_dynamic_cmds? If so, and temporary files are
created by it, how do we clean up?

A better approach for openldap is to have the daemon and its modules depend on a common shared library. As far as I am aware, this works ok under AIX and other systems. Designing modules so that they depend on symbols from the executable which loads them is just asking for trouble.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn