Re: [Lightning] lightning and ultrasparc, i386, amd64...

From: Shawn W.
Subject: Re: [Lightning] lightning and ultrasparc, i386, amd64...
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:33:50 -0700

On Aug 11, 2007, at 11:17 AM, Eli Barzilay wrote:

On Aug 11, Shawn wrote:
Does lightning support 64-bit sparc, or does it only generate 32-bit
code?

Using 1.2c, I'm getting bus errors on a netbsd/sparc64 box for
something that's producing working functions on OS X/powerpc32.  I'm
hoping that's the problem and not that I'm not doing something else
right and have to track that down...

This reminds me -- we recently ran into a problem with the JIT on
x86_64.  Matthew did the following to fix it:

Since my first message, I've also tried to get lightning working on an amd64 box, with no luck. (That patch doesn't look like it'll help). Is this 1.2c release just really broken? I used it instead of 1.2 to get the amd64 support... but I can't even get it to compile in 32 bit i386 mode (Undefined symbols for 64 bit, parse errors for 32 bit. That after fixing #includes in lightning/i386/*-(32|64).h so the *-i386.h files can be found.) The only thing that's worked so far is powerpc.

--
Shawn W.
address@hidden