Re: [Lightning] Issue to build lightning-2.0 agains armv7hl

From: Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
Subject: Re: [Lightning] Issue to build lightning-2.0 agains armv7hl
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 13:34:36 -0300

2013/8/28 Jochen Schmitt <address@hidden>:
> Hello,
>
> I have tried to build lightning-2.0 on rawhide anf the upcomming Fedora 20
> release. Unfortunately, the build failed for the armv7hl architecture which
> is a new primary architecture beginning with Fedora 20, so I have to put a
> ExclueArch statement in the SPEC file.

  I have just tested, again, on my qemu setup and it works (pass all tests),
but indeed fails make check on armv7hl fedora rawhide; scratch build I just
did:

http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/712/5870712/build.log

> Because the issue was complaints from the compiler about mismatched
> "%ld" and "%lx" specifier in the printf calls, I thing there should be
> a way to create a build of lightning for the armv7hl plattform.

  The warnings are harmless, it is make check that is failing.

> It may be nice, if anyone here have a hint to solve this issue.

  I will work on a proper fedora/rawhide qemu setup, to check what is
wrong. My arm build/test environment is based on a Mandriva port
(actually 2, one with softfp and one with hardfp) I made 2+ years ago,
that was based on early fedora armv7l/armv7hl port:

# rpm -q gcc glibc
gcc-4.6.2-0.1-mdv2012.0.armv7hl
glibc-2.14.90-5-mdv2012.0.armv7hl

The fedora failures were:

FAIL: alu_div
FAIL: alu_rem
FAIL: clobber
FAIL: float

when using the thumb instruction set; arm instruction set, that afaik is what
fedora is using, pass all tests. My Mandriva port used thumb instruction set
by default..

> Best Regards:
>
> Jochen Schmitt

Paulo