Re: [Lightning] Porting GNU Smalltalk to lightning 2

From: Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
Subject: Re: [Lightning] Porting GNU Smalltalk to lightning 2
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 00:20:36 -0200

<address@hidden>:

[...]
> I do not know what I had done earlier that I was getting a prompt and
> being able to execute simple smalltalk commands in i586, but now
> I get the exact same behavior on mips and i586, example:

  I figured what was it, was a previous test. If I copy gst.im from another
build (using lightning 1.x, on i586), then it works for simple commands.
For example:

---%<---
$ libtool --mode=execute gdb gst
[...]
GNU Smalltalk ready

st > 1 + 1.
[...]
2
st> 10 / 6.
[...]
5/3
st> -1 + 2.
[...]
1
st> ^D
[...]
[Inferior 1 (process 13143) exited normally]
---%<---

[...] stands for disassemble output of the jit; the current debug...

Thanks,
Paulo