Re: [Lightning] Register liveness analysis and spilling

From: Basile Starynkevitch
Subject: Re: [Lightning] Register liveness analysis and spilling
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2017 19:46:59 +0200

On 09/03/2017 07:43 PM, Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen wrote:

> I need proper tail calls, so I cannot compile to C (without contortions). I expect code generation to happen very often and only in small pieces, so GNU lightning seems to be much more appropriate than LLVM or libgccjit (which, by the way, I would prefer to LLVM for political reasons).

FWIW, recent GNU libgccjit provides proper tail calls (and a way to test that they indeed are compiled as such), see https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/jit/topics/expressions.html#gcc_jit_rvalue_set_bool_require_tail_call

Cheers

--
Basile STARYNKEVITCH   == http://starynkevitch.net/Basile
opinions are mine only - les opinions sont seulement miennes