Re: Point-and-Click works!

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Point-and-Click works!
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 00:48:31 +0200

> address@hidden writes:
> >
> > Here we have ly2dvi working right after installation, leaving a valid
> > .dvi file, but when you invoke xdvi, the fonts must be regenerated.
> > Which is not only a waste of resourses, but chances are, it doesn't
> > work.
>
> This is with point&click xdvi (paul vojta's) and lily 1.5.55.  The
> fonts should be put into /usr/share/lilypond/pk/ if Mats' new scheme
> works ok. Paul's Xdvi doesn't support kpathsea, which is probably why
> font lookup is broken.

Exactly! If you have the correct setup, the fonts generated
during ly2dvi will be put in a directory where they are also
found by xdvi and dvips, see Documentation/misc/fontinstallation.

I'm rather a bit skeptical to the precautionary settings in
ly2dvi, since they only solve problems with wrong setups
within ly2dvi, you still need the correct setup for xdvi,
dvips and lilypond-book+LaTeX.

  /Mats