Re: Attachment of reversed noteheads

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Attachment of reversed noteheads
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 23:54:35 +0200

Citat Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>:
> >    Real thick = 0.0;
> >    if (invisible)
> >          thick = gh_scm2double (me->get_grob_property ("thickness"))
> >       * me->get_paper ()->get_var ("linethickness");
> >

> > I cannot see that it makes sense only to calculate the width of the stem
> > if it is invisible.
>
> I think this is for whole notes. Since there is no stem, they have to
> be kerned. Can you check wether your patch  works for whole notes?

Yes, I figured that out.
It seems to work for whole notes the same way as before.
A bigger problem is that even though my patch perhaps produces more "correct"
results then it maybe do not produce as "beautiful" results as the old
version. - Note clusters look a bit black and crowded.
However the old solution is also not good because it is assymetric. I have no
good suggestion on what to do.

-Rune