Re: \time 2

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: \time 2
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:13:49 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> I'd say, the simple reason is that we don't want to mix musical
> information and layout information in the syntax. As Jürgen explained,
> you can get the desired layout by setting the style property of
> the TimeSignature object. You don't want to go through the whole
> input file to replce all \time 2 with \time 2/1 to change the
> layout.

Agreed.

I'm quite new to scheme. For me (and maybe for an average user), page

http://lilypond.org/development/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/TimeSignature.html

is difficult to read since does not contain much information how to set
all these properties. That is why I stick always to reference manual.
If the answer is not found there, sometimes, there is a change to make
things better.

      Heikki Junes