rests under bars

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: rests under bars
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 21:58:29 +0100 (CET)

[This is lilypond 1.6.5]

This example:

  \score {
    \context Staff \notes \relative c' {
      [c16( d r )e] [c( d g\rest )e]
    }
    \paper {
      linewidth = -1
    }

exhibits some bugs.

  . [I'm not sure whether I've reported this already.]

    An incorrect warning message is issued (twice):

      bug.ly:3:9: warning: Putting slur over rest.:

    In this particular case, slurs over rests make sense and are
    commonly used.  I suggest to suppress this warning message in
    case the slur is positioned under a bar.

  . As you can see in the second group, `g\rest' doesn't has any
    effect on the vertical position of the rest.  Additionally, the
    default position is too low.

Merry Xmas!

      Werner

PNG image