Re: build deb of 1.7.20

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: build deb of 1.7.20
Date: 07 Jun 2003 19:16:43 +0200

Paul Scott <address@hidden> writes:

> Please excuse my inexperience here but does that mean I get another
> version and rebuild?  Is there a (reasonable) way to pick up where the
> build left.  As I mentioned it took several hours on my machine.  I
> was considering asking Graham if he would make the deb he built
> available but I want to learn as much about this as possible so I can
> contribute more to the project.

FYI, I never build packages for LilyPond.  I just run latest 1.6 and
1.7 CVS from the source directories.  If you know what you're doing,
something like this should be enough:

   ./configure --disable-optimising --prefix=$(pwd)
   make all pfa-fonts

   PATH=$(pwd)/lily/out:$(pwd)/scripts/out:$PATH
   TEXMF="{/usr/share/texmf, $(pwd)/share/lilypond}"

I only do make web every once in a while.

Jan.