Re: Jazz notation

From: Roland Glenn McIntosh
Subject: Re: Jazz notation
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 11:55:13 -0500

Well, I hate to jump into this touchy subject, but since I'm one of the ones
that asked about it so long ago, I have a few points, which I consider fact in
the music world:

1.  The "Jazz font" is standard.  You may not like it, some particular jazz
composers may not have used that style, but mostly, it's standard.

2.  Lots of people like it.  I like it.  You don't have to, of course, but that
doesn't really change anything unless the "you" in question is the developer,
not doing something because they don't like it.  Of course, that's just the
breaks in open source sometimes, unfortunately.

Well, I guess that was only two points.  Anyway, it's important to remember the
differences between personal opinion and the desires of the majority.  I think
an open-source jazz font, and support for using it in LilyPond, would be a good
thing.

-rgm