Re: musicglyph: accidentals--1

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: musicglyph: accidentals--1
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:46:34 +0100

I have corrected the example file. Regarding the naming, the names
are mainly choosen to give a simple implementation in LilyPond.
Instead of renaming the glyphs in the font, it would be a neat
feature to have a markup function \markup { \accidental #flat }
or whatever syntax you can think of. I nice small project for
anyone who wants to investigate the new markup definition
functions.

   /Mats

Heikki Johannes Junes wrote:
The naming of the accidental musicglyphs leads to confusion. Consider:

s^\markup { \musicglyph #"accidentals--1" "accidentals-{}-1" }

Here, the base of `-1' is a quarter-tone, not semi-tone, as erronously used in

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.1/input/test/out-www/collated-files.html#coriolan-margin.ly

The `accidental--*' names should be more descriptive in order to avoid such
confusion.

Greetings,

  Heikki Junes

        Mats Bengtsson