RE: guitar chord diagrams

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: RE: guitar chord diagrams
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 12:36:36 -0700

I also would like to develop guitar chord diagrams, and am willing to do
some programming to get them.

I'm currently working on trying to get lilypond to compile on my Windows
machine, so I can make programming changes.

I've reviewed the archives as Jan suggested, and have seen the
suggestions for the syntax.  I also have found the pointer to gchords
which should greatly reduce the required programming time.

I'd like a little sanity check before I dive in to the changes.  It
seems to me that the proper place to go is to make changes to the
chord_engraver so that instead of just listing a chord name, the grob
the engraver places included the diagram and the name.  Does this seem
like a reasonable place to hang this capability?

Thanks,

Carl Sorensen