Re: control of lyrical spacing from staff

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: control of lyrical spacing from staff
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:40:01 +0100

See
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.0/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Vertical-spacing.html#Vertical%20spacing
and
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2004-01/msg00329.html

  /Mats

Edward Sanford Sutton, III wrote:
I have a score with a piano and 2 voice staves. The lyrics for the first voice seem closer to the dynamics of the second voice than they do to the notes of the first voice (which doesn't go below middle c if I remember right). Even if it isn't quite right to do so, I wanted to move the lyrics closer to the staff since I think it could make it look better and it should be easy to get that last staffline off of page 3 when printing individual singer parts. Should I really just squeeze horizontal spacing instead to make it work out? It's a copy of a copyrighted publication that I put into lilypond to correct mistakes, print off individual parts to make it less confusing for the elementary school kids to read, and be able to put together midi recordings for accompaniment and so they can hear how the melody of their part goes based on pitch and rhythm. As such, I assume it wouldn't be the wisest idea to just post the whole thing up as an attachment to a publicly available list, but if snippets are OK, I'll do that. I could also write up equivalent short samples to express any issues I'm trying to sort out if those would help.
Thanks again,
Ed Sutton

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing