Re: semantics/syntax

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: semantics/syntax
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:07:42 +0100

- Why not exploit the fact that in the << voice1 \\ voice2 >> construct,
 voice1 will automatically get \stemUp and voice2 will get stemDown?

- In the upper voice, you can replace the invisible notes with spacer
notes 's', to save some typing.

I recall that when I first coded this bit I had to resort to invisible
notes because I needed a slur to connect adjacent note heads which were in
different voices.  Placing invisible notes in the same voice allowed me to
attach them to the same point in space as the visible note head in the
other voice.  Has this changed?  Was I mistaken?  Is there a simpler way to
accomplish this?

This was just a minor detail. You certainly need the invisible notes
in the voice with the slurs but not in the upper voice that doesn't
have any slurs.

   /Mats