Re: Splitting off Feta

From: Ferenc Wagner
Subject: Re: Splitting off Feta
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:12:48 +0100

Han-Wen Nienhuys  <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden writes:
>>
>> 1. Tracking LilyPond development would be easier for the
>>    non-uber-hackers due to
>>     a) shorter build times and
>
> Are you using potrace? It is a lot faster than autotrace.

Thanks, will try that.

> If you are desparate, try
>    make -C mf get-pfa
> it will download the PFAs from the lilypond.org site.

Hey, stop making my issues moot!  Some time ago I didn't
have any success with this...

> You're encouraged to make a noarch package of the docs; I
> couldn't get RPM to do it, though.

I'm a Debian guy myself, RPM is not my desk, sorry.

>> 4. Can you think of any related issues?
>
> Yes: it will cause dependency problems and spurious
> bugreports. I think it's a bad idea.

You don't think too high about apt-get, do you?  Or about
the packager? :) Jokes aside: do you mean the sources and
the fonts are so closely interrelated that separate version
numbers don't make any sense?  Your disappointing answer
makes me feel like that (at least you are faithful to the
principles articulated in the interview)...  Even then, it
may be useful to split out the arch-indep stuff into a
separate package to make Debian happy, but you don't have to
care about that at all.
--
Feri.