Autochange bug and patch

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Autochange bug and patch
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:43:43 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> Just FYI, I'm working on a tweak to the autochange feature that would allow
> the
> user to declare that middle C will always be in the lower staff. always in the
> upper staff, or (by default) the current behavior.  This is very important in

cool.

> However, during the course of playing around with autochange, I ran into the
> followin bug.  The autochange iterator always assumes that the autochange
> music
> begins at moment 0.  This causes weird results in code such as the following:

Opps, you're entirely right.

> I developed the following patch to fix this problem (below).  When the
> iterator

I believe your patch is OK, and none of your worries are valid,

> Caveat:  I haven't had the opportunity to test the following interactions:
>
>       1. autochange music beginning with \partial.
>
>               \autochange \new Voice \partial4 {a4 b c d e}

Autochange ignores \partial, since it is disguised \set .

>               ;; Is there 1 autochange iterator that is reused in each
>               ;; reference to the variable, or would each reference to the
>               ;; variable create its own iterator?

No, the variables referenced as

    \myShortCut

internally always copy contents. This will not be a problem. Thanks
for your bugreport, analysis and fix; I will integrate it. If only
everyone sent reports like this! :-)