Re: metronome mark problems

From: Edward Sanford Sutton, III
Subject: Re: metronome mark problems
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:03:48 -0700

On Sunday March 28 2004 14:40, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> % . Assuming that the metronome mark affects the following input, it
> %   shouldn't be located over the time signature.

  Where should it go? I've been manually moving tempo markings to be
left-aligned with the time signature after people I've discussed typesetting
with told me that they should be aligned like that.
  This is why markup text has been frustrating for me; I have been moving them
to left align the time signature manually and just find it easier to use the
metronome markings. Will there be text based metronome markings in the future
that way something like 'Adante' could be placed consistent to other
metronome marks?