configure, 2.3.8, and SuSE 9.1

From: lilypond
Subject: configure, 2.3.8, and SuSE 9.1
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:03:39 +0100

Following through on my threat to try and "fix" the things I've been moaning
about :-)

I've downloaded 2.3.8, and tried to install it. configure moaned about a load
of things, so I went into YaST and installed as much of the missing
dependencies as I could (yacc, flex, python etc etc). But what I CAN'T find is
"msgfmt".

YaST can't find anything of that name (and it seems a strange name), but
without it configure won't complete successfully and I can't proceed. What's
wrong? And where do I find this thing?

Cheers,
Wol