Re: lilypond-book for plain TeX

From: miciov
Subject: Re: lilypond-book for plain TeX
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 10:16:37 +0200

> Quite possible.  What is the problem that you see, ie, where is the
> latex dependency in lilypond-book?

I am not fluent in phyton at all, so the only thing I can (now) see
is that it gives me some errors when I try to use it with TeX source
instead of LaTeX source.

If I were more "phyton aware" I would have modified it already,
but unfortunately I'm not.

I think it is not a very difficult thing to do: the main changes
would be:
1) structuring a TeX "macro" (like \lilypond{}) with a way to
  pass "parameters" like linewidth(s) and such.
2) modifying lilypond-book so that it gets those from the "macro
  call" instead of from other points in the LaTeX preamble.

and a good feature would be:

3) having a "boolean" parameter in the TeX macro so that
  if it is true lilypond-book would generate the TeX source
 and append it after the "macro call" inverting the boolean
 parameter in the new generated file. And if it is false
 lilypond-book would ignore the "call" and let the
 (previously) generated code as it is.

I was also wondering if lilypond-book is strictly necessary
or if its work could be done directly from the TeX macro...

Thanks for your interest!

R.