Re: lilypond book issues version 2.5.19

From: Bernard Hurley
Subject: Re: lilypond book issues version 2.5.19
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:25:12 +0100

> > First what is the code: address@hidden for?
>
> It `normalizes' the `@' character, so it no longer is of type
> `letter'.  I also wonder why it's here.  Additionally, it should be
>
>   address@hidden
>
> to make TeX stop parsing after the `2'.

Isn't his what \makeatother is for? In any case, it looks like it should
_not_ be here, after all someone might "@" in \preLilyPondExample and
then get surprised at the result!

> > Second what is the point of putting the \preLilyPondExample and
> > \postLilyPondExample macros where they are?  If I want macros in
> > _these_ places I can put them in the original latex file!
>
> The idea is that you need sometimes need special environments to make
> the lyrics work correctly.  For example, you have to enter a CJK
> environment for Chinese.  \preLilyPondExample and \postLilyPondExample
> should be global hooks (this is, setting them up just once for all
> lilypond snippets), not local ones.

I should have thought if that since my wife is Chinese! I still think
that being able to put a macro between the systems would be useful.

Bernard