Re: Span_dynamic_performer

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Span_dynamic_performer
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:40:17 -0500

Note also that these bugs have low priority among developers, since there are
plans to rewrite the midi system from scratch.>

My comments can be taken two ways, as suggestions for a rewrite of span-dynamic-performer.cc or as a wish-list for the new implementation. If I where to contribute to the new implementation, I would need to start by analysing the drawbacks of the current implementation of midi in Lilypond. When it comes to things like this, I fail to see the distinction. We learn from each other, hopefully.

One thing I want to do in midi is to say:

\remove Voice.Span_dynamic_performer
\consists PianoStaff.Span_dynamic_performer

to controll the scope of the dynamic changes, whether they only affect the voice, the staff, the piano part, of the entire score. I don't know if that is possible yet.

Stephen
----- Original Message ----- From: "Erik Sandberg" <address@hidden>