Re: lilypond book issues version 2.5.19

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond book issues version 2.5.19
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:40:04 +0200

Bernard Hurley wrote:
When called from lilypond-book, LilyPond does _not_ take care of
formatting the pages. This is precisely the reason I started using it.
So that I can have a multi-movement score with fancy headers, table of
contents, etc. What it does is to break a long score up into several
snippets each of which is included individually. It would be extremely
useful to have a macro that added something between these snippets.

For example in 2.5.19 the code:

\input lily-1105931465-systems.tex

In Text.tex was generated from the _single_ call:

\lilypondfile[indent=1.2\cm]{prelude-d.ly}

It does not result in one postscript snippet being included but six as
can be seen by looking at the contents of lily-1105931465-systems.tex:

\includegraphics{lily-365734716-1.eps}
\includegraphics{lily-365734716-2.eps}
\includegraphics{lily-365734716-3.eps}
\includegraphics{lily-365734716-4.eps}
\includegraphics{lily-365734716-5.eps}
\includegraphics{lily-365734716-6.eps}
% eof - 'eof' is Makefile marker; do not remove.
It has to do something like this because Lilypond cannot possibly know
where one page ends and the next starts. It would be very useful indeed
to be able to put a macro between these calls to \includegraphics.

I don't realize what you would want to add between the staff lines.
Is it to circumvent some limitations in LilyPond? Otherwise you could
just as well tell LilyPond to add the information.
I think both me, Werner and others on the mailing list would find it
easier to realize why you find it useful if you are a bit more specific.

   /Mats