Re: lilypond book issues version 2.5.19

From: Bernard Hurley
Subject: Re: lilypond book issues version 2.5.19
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 20:58:37 +0100

> I would appreciate if I in latex could get the first and last \piece,
> \mark number, and bar number on a page to be able to put it in page
> headers/footers, or add some footnotes from within the music,
> as some editors do.

These are things I would like to be able to do(especially the
footnotes!), but I think they would be rather difficult to implement.
Interestingly in one of the older versions (I can't remember which and I
can't remember when it stopped working. At the time I was not
particularly interested in it and just tried it out of curiosity) it was
possible to put a footnote in markup and it would be rendered correctly
by lilypond-book. To do it now you would have to get LaTeX to associate
a footnote with a particular eps file but stop it rendering the footnote
marker. If no one else wants to I will look into this!

/Bernard