Re: mensural notation

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: mensural notation
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 00:51:40 +0200

Op wo, 20-04-2005 te 22:02 +0200, schreef Pal Benko:

> 2. I'd like to make punctus divisionis work as a new bar symbol,
> \bar ".".  But for correct positioning I need in
> Bar_line::compound_barline the previous and the next note - how
> can I get them (if I can at all)?

Unfortunately, this information is not stored at the moment.

> 3. I hacked Mensural_ligature a bit so that now I don't have
> those spurious warnings for flexa shapes and I have horizontal
> positioning of dots all right.  I want to have correct vertical
> positions; in Mensural_ligature I can calculate the correct
> position, but I don't know how to propagate this information
> (and in fact I don't really know where to propagate it, but I
> guess it's Dot_column or Dot_column_engraver).

Normally, Dot_column::add_head() sets a callback function
(Dot_column::force_shift_callback()), which does the positioning. I
guess you want to write a substitute for that, and have add_head() set
that in some way or another.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - address@hidden
LilyPond Software Design - http://www.lilypond-design.com