Re: New manual chapter: Putting it all together

From: Marco Gusy
Subject: Re: New manual chapter: Putting it all together
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:34:49 +0200

I think many people would find useful to read how to format the title font and
lyrics font. Lilypond has a great score output but I think users want to
personalize their text in order to distinguish from other scores and give it
a personal style. This is my case. Now that lilypond supports TTF fonts you
did a great step ahead in this direction.

I think a section explaining
-how to change text/title/lyrics fonts (with many examples.. bold... italic...
size... etc)
-how to change default fonts (a style used for every lilypond invocation)
-how to use special characters encoding (accents et similar)
-how to install fonts/ where lilypond looks for fonts

would be great.
This because many users don't have a deep knowledge of lilypond and can't
figure out how to do this using lilypond reference section.

Marco Gusy